NK - Be Careful with your Emails...

Vanessa Goins delbosque at rocketmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:47:47 PST 1999

I generally try to avoid clogging the Net with unnecessary junk, but
this was too good not to share!
-Isabela

As you are receiving my note by e-mail, it's wise to remember how
easily this wonderful
technology can be misused, sometime unintentionally, with serious
consequences.

  Consider the case of the Illinois man who left the snow-filled
streets of Chicago for a vacation
in Florida.  His wife was on a business trip and was planning to meet
him there the next day.

  When he reached his hotel, he decided to send his wife a quick
e-mail.  Unable to find the scrap
of paper on which he had written her e-mail address, he did his best
to type it in from memory.

  Unfortunately, he missed one letter, and his note was directed
instead to an elderly preacher's
wife, whose husband had passed away only the day before.  When the
grieving widow checked
her e-mail, she took one look at the monitor, let out a piercing
scream, and fell to the floor in a
dead faint.

  At the sound, her family rushed into the room and saw this note on
the screen:

  Dearest Wife, Just got checked in.
  Everything prepared for your arrival tomorrow.
  Signed,
  Your eternally loving husband.
  PS. Sure is hot down here.

===
Vanessa Goins A.K.A SCA Ly. Isabela del bosque
from the Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra

Protégéé  to H.E. Master William Blackfox