NK - COOL DEMO!!

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 18:36:11 PDT 1999

Got a really good demo request for any interested : date is Wednesday, July
21st, at 2:00 p.m., at Barnes and Noble bookstore, at 71st and (just past)
Memorial.
This is for the "Magic Treehouse Book Club", which has been running this
summer for ages 1st thru 3rd grade.

On the given Wednesday, they are studying the Knights of the Round Table, and
would like to have us there for a Q&A session and to lend color. He is
looking for some folks to wear and discuss armor, what the pieces of armor
are for, and what they are called, and some to talk about clothing, what was
worn, etc.

Dennis, the "Story Lad" is a really enthusiatic fellow - very glad to have
us, and I am faxing some general SCA info,so he can put it in their bulletin
and maybe able to have a newspaper article announce our presence. Good
publicity, and, BONUS!!  IT IS INDOORS AND AIR CONDITIONED!!

He has had groups of 20-40 kids on various days, and he says they are very
bright and curious. The time may be a problem for some, but I plan to take
off a 1/2 day and be there - sounds like a good time - who can I count on?

Please post to the list and let me know if you can join the Merry Band.

Merci,
Anawyn
Hospitaller