NK - RE: how to's .....

Miriam Cook miriz at rocketmail.com
Wed Jul 28 13:30:47 PDT 1999

Yep- you got it!  They will announce something
like, "All Arts and Sciences entries need to be
in the feast hall by 11am!"
Usually (I'd say almost always) there are no
kind of limits as to size or kind. I've also
never seen a requirement of being framed
either-- Like I said before though, the only
thing I've ever seen before is having to have
documentaion-- something that proves that what
you are doing was something done in period- or
if you are using a period pattern, etc.
--Zahava

---"Addington, Debbie, A"
<daaddington at saintfrancis.com> wrote:

> Thanks Zahava,
>
> So, just to make sure I understand better.
> I show up at an event w/ lets say a cross
stitch picture and just go to the
> appropiate area and enter it.
>
> I have entered many things in mundane fairs
and had good results.  The only
> reason I ask these questions, is that there
are so "requirements" such as a
> frame, size of the item etc etc.
>
> I did check out the A&S page on the SCA site,
but it was not helpful as far
> as the do's and don'ts for an entry.   It
appears to be more of a resources
> page of lots of other web sites.
>
> Maidenhair

Bardic
> > and such are do-it-and-enter.  Documentaion is
> > required for many of the A&S competitions
and is
> > a big plus in the others.  The bardic
> > competition formats vary competition to
> > competition.  Some require 3 pieces- song,
> > story, and peom- while others may just require
> > that you learn a period (or SCA) song or 2. It
> > depends on the person running the show.
> > Also there are newbie ones too- they usually
are
> > for people that have been in the SCA for less
> > than 1 year and have entered no more than 1
or 2
> > competitions and not won any.
> > I believe there are some good examples and
> > explinations of documentation on the A&S
section
> > of the SCA web page (www.sca.org).
> >
> > Hope this helps!
> > In Service to the Dream,
> > Zahava batHannah
> >

> > ---"Addington, Debbie, A"
> > <daaddington at saintfrancis.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Well,  how do I enter some of the
activities?
> > I know that one has to
> > > Authorized before they can do rapier, and
that
> > sort of thing, but what about
> > > the A&S, chess, live steel etc.,
> > >
> > > I would love to enter some cross stitch or
> > crochet, I do not know about the
> > > rules, if any for such things.  As much text
> > as I have copied from the net,
> > > I do not have that.  I just don't want to be
> > looking around all weekend.  :)
> > >
> > > I would love to have those pages faxed to
me.
> > The number is 918-494-1890
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Maidenhair