NK - Lilie's War

Hugh Niewoehner hughn at ssd.fsi.com
Thu Mar 18 11:45:05 PST 1999

>      I've been searching the Lilies website,
>
>      http://www.huscarl.com/lilies/index.htm
>
>      and couldn't really tell what the theme is for this year, unless it's
>      Dukes vs Counts. If so, which side do we fight for?

Yep, Counts vs. Dukes.  I you don't have a friend/house to ally yourself
with try starting a team called "none of the above".  Knowing Ferd (the
fighto'crat) he'd find a way to work you in.

This theme was arrived at through a lot of on and offline discussion
about what was most likely to generate the greatest amount of fun.  The
general consensus was that people were tired of the attempts at
"historically dated" scenarios.  It was perceived that  the most fun was
had with the Counts vs Dukes, Laurels vs. Pelicans, Landed peers vs.
Nobles, and Baronies vs Shires themes.   West of the Mississippi vs East
of... also rated well with an honorable mention.

IIRC one of the comments about Counts vs. Dukes was "It's the up and
comers vs. the Been there, Done that, fixed in their ways crowd."

Damon