NK - Fundraiser was a success

merle at webzone.net merle at webzone.net
Mon Mar 29 07:06:57 PST 1999

Huzzah for Northkeep!

Once again the populace of Northkeep has shown that it
can pull through when asked to volunteer, even on such
short notice. The bow check room ran smoothly.

I would like to thank all the volunteers who donated
their time to help the barony raise some extra money
(More about this at March populace tonight).

Here is the list of volunteers
(In no particular order).
Please give your thanks to:

Wynfrith
Cat
Rosamund Blancheflur
Elisabeth de Calais
Toinette de Cambrai
Carlyle du Troyes
Heather
Magnus
Robert Fitzmorgan
Dirgelion
George Michael Edmundson
Michelle
Isabella del Bosque
Pamela of Northkeep
Talana the Violet
Etienne de St. Amaranth

(Profound apologies if I've mispelled your names; Even more
profound apologies if I've left anyone off of the list.)

This was good exposure for the Barony. If the Indoor Nationals
are held in Tulsa next year, we may have the opportunity
to do this again. And it's held about the same time.

We did get a few inquiries and comments about the SCA.
Our banner was prominently displayed (Thanks Rowan). One of
the archers hailed from Vatavia. Others have let SCAers use
their archery ranges or they've seen us beating each other
with sticks in their local communities.

In Service,
Ld. Konstantin Drozd
Archery Marshall
Barony of Northkeep

PS - In case you missed it, Ted Nugent put in an appearance
at the Indoor Nationals on Saturday. In addition to being
a rock star, he is an avid bowhunter.