NK - Alton's Company

Bethor2000 at aol.com Bethor2000 at aol.com
Mon Mar 1 21:03:33 PST 1999

Greetings Northkeep.  Pray, allow me a moment of your time

I would like to take an opportunity to dispel some rumors and beleifs about
the nature of Alton's Company.

Alton's Company was formed by myself and several friends as a company of
friends who frequently traveled and fought together at war events.  It is not,
nor has it ever been some sort of "statement" against Northkeep, or against
Northkeep unity, for that matter.

As for Alton's Company vs. Northkeep Alternative camp; I (and quite a few
others from Northkeep) have been attending Gulf War before we became a barony.
I was attending Gulf War for several years before there were more than a
handful of us there from Northkeep, and we constituted the Northkeep camp.  It
was only two Gulf Wars back, that we had two separate Northkeep camps.  This
occurred because the main camp containing Their Excellencies tent was located
in the heart of the event, next to the cabins and other large encampments.
This arrangement was in itself favorable and intelligent, but there are some
us who prefer a little more elbow (and loud sounds) room in our encampment.
Thus, we camped out a little further.  All was good.
The next year, that is last year, Northkeep had land allocated for its use.
Some of us camped mere yards away in the camping overflow area.  Those of us
who chose to camp there did so because we are tolerant, or even desirous of
the attendant revelry in our camp.  The Northkeep camp(ers) tends to be a
little subtler in their merry making and in the hours of such.  Again, this
was good.  For all were equally welcome at either camp, because we were all
there as Northkeep.  This situation has not changed.

Lastly, as to the matter of Alton's Company loyalty to Northkeep.
I have had the great honor of standing on the field of Gulf War, and fighting
with my fellow Norhtkeepers, and fighting for my Barony.  This year Alton's
company will be standing with Northkeep.  This arrangement was made long ago.
I don't think any of the members of the company would have it any other way.
Pay or no pay.
As to my loyalty, I am a sworn member and Carl of Their Excellencies Baronial
Guard.  I gladly and proudly fight as a representative of them.  I may be no
champion of the tournament, but I give as good as I get.  As far as I am
concerned, if there was any question of my honor or my loyalty, Their
Excellencies or the Captain of the Guard would set me straight.  If any one
else is of a differing opinion, I will be happy to discuss it.  Failing that,
there is a large field of honor at the park.

Alton