NK - Indoor Nationals (fundraiser)

merle at webzone.net merle at webzone.net
Thu Mar 4 07:38:08 PST 1999

Unto the Populace of Northkeep
from your Archery Marshall

Call for Volunteers

I realize this is short notice, especially for all of those who are getting
ready for Gulf War. The populace of Northkeep has the opportunity to earn some
extra money for the Barony. March 27-28 the Indoor Nationals are being held
at the Tulsa Convention Center. It is one of the largest indoor archery tournaments
in North America. Hundreds of archers will attend. The Tulsa Archery Association
has a contract with the NFAA (National Field Archery Association) to provide
manpower to help run the event.

One of the thing the NFAA would like to have is a bow check room (It's like
a hat & coat check room.). The archers would be charged several dollars to store
their bow when not in use. They wouldn't have to tote their equipment to and
from their homes or hotel rooms each day. The TAA doesn't have enough people
to run a bow check room and has offered it to the Barony of Northkeep. The NFAA
will split the proceeds 50/50 with the group running it.

Here are the hours of operation:

Friday, March 26	12 noon to 9 PM  (9 hours)
Saturday, March 27	6 AM to 11 PM (17 hours)
Sunda,March 28		6 AM to 12 noon (6 hours)

Here are the SCA events that weekend:
March 26-28 Pot O' Gold - Blacklake (Midland/Odessa, TX)
Tournament of the Emeralds - Emerald Keep (Waco,TX)

We would need at least two people to man the room at all times. One of them
would have to be an adult. The room will be secured at night.

A couple of caveats. The bow check room has been successful at other indoor
archery competitions, but has never been done at Tulsa. So, there is no telling
how much money the barony could earn. It could be in the hundreds of dollars
or over a thousand.

If you are interested please let me know as soon as possible. You can either
respond via email to merle at webzone.net or call me at home 743-5883 (no calls
after 9PM, please). The critical times will be Friday daytime and Saturday and
Sunday early morning hours. So, if a lot of you help out for a few hours no
one would have to work a lot. If we do three hour shifts that would be a total
of eleven shifts of two for the entire weekend. That's twenty two people max.

I will post more details as I get them.

In Service,
Ld. Konstantin Drozd
Archery Marshall
Barony of Northkeep
-----
"Bill Gates will do for military hardware what Bill Clinton has done for military morale."
Christoper Merle <merle at webzone.net>