NK - Rumors (soapbox rant) longish

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Fri Mar 19 06:18:36 PST 1999

Greetings to the list from HE Sigen Fridreksdottir, Baroness Northkeep.
Sorry for the duplicate posting, but I wanted to be sure that NK saw this.

First, let me say that Lord Guillaume is one of the kindest, most helpful
folks that I know in the Northern region.  He is hardworking, and dedicated
to his group.  He and his Lady Wife bring much to our game and our region.
I am ashamed to hear that someone would speak so ill of one so deserving
of praise.

I find it most distressing that there folks in our "game"  who are willing for
whatever reason to ruin other peoples lives.  I'm not talking about making
it unpleasant for them to play SCA, I mean ruining REAL LIVES.  I have no
earthly idea why, in a society that values honor above almost everything
else, this is tolerated.

Please stop and consider what this might do to a person.  Think about how
you would feel if you heard this about yourself...I think you get the message.
This type of rumor has been known to cause divorce and worse.

If the folks who have spread these rumors have any guts, they will show up
at the Northern  Regional Warlord tourney being held on April 2-4 to back up
in person and face to face their words.  If you have any PROOF that
Lord Guillaume has done what the gossip says, you are obligated to report
it to the authorities, as mundane law has been broken.
					Otherwise, PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

This behavior is unacceptable, and those who take part in it are defying the
spirit of the game that we play.   We are all considered to be minor nobles,
but the people who have indulged in this heinous rumor are not noble, only
deserving of contempt.  If the ideals that most of us play by do not appeal
to you,  please feel free not to bother with us anymore.

I remain in service,
Sigen Fridreksdottir