NK - Fundraiser - Final Call for Volunteers (Please)

Christopher Merle merle at webzone.net
Thu Mar 25 21:20:13 PST 1999

Sorry for the duplicate posts. I have an old list from before the NK list
started.

I want to thank all of you who have volunteered to help out with the
fundraiser this weekend. I'm sorry I didn't get to give more notice. I have
enough people for Friday and Sunday. I still need volunteers for Saturday
evening. The shift 6 p.m.-9 p.m., and 9 p.m.-11 p.m. are still open. You
are welcome to come down and hang out with us at any time, though. We need
a minimum of two people at all times.

Now for the details. The Indoor Nationals is an archery tournament being
held at the Tulsa Convention Center in downtown Tulsa. We are running a
bow-check room that will let the archers store their equipment when it is
not in use. The NFAA told me they already have 900 archers pre-registered.
They expect up to 1,200. I was also told that perhaps half the archers may
make use of the bow room.

The location of the bow-check room will be on the second floor in Room
2A,B,C, and D. (It's a joined room.) We may get it moved downstairs in the
main hallway. You'll know once you get there; signs will be posted. We do
not have to dress up; wear mundane clothing. We will have a banner
identifying us as the SCA.

We will act as gatekeepers to the room. The archers will put up and
retrieve their own equipment. The archers will be charged 5 dollars per day
to store their bow and any other equipment. They will store their equipment
at their own risk. They can pay per day or the whole amount for the weekend
(15 dollars for all three days). The archers will fill out a claim check
and a tag. The proceeds will be split 50/50 between the Barony and the NFAA.

The hours of operation will be:

Friday 12 noon to 9 p.m.
Saturday 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. (or sooner)

If you just want to come down and watch, there is no admission charge. The
indoor fireworks display will take place around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Other events include a Robin Hood shoot. The grand prize is
Bronco/Tahoe/Cherokee-like vehicle. An archer must split his own arrow with
a second arrow. The contestants can shoot at any time for their chance.

The tournament times will be:

Friday is a practice day
Saturday 8 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Sunday 7 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 3 p.m. (probably 10:30 and 2)

So expect the most archers to show up right before shooting and right after.

If you wish to reach me, my pager number is 632-4749; and I will return
your call promptly, as I will spend most of my time down at the Convention
Center, helping out at peak times. If you can come down, even if it is for
only an hour or two, I would appreciate it.

Schedule of Volunteers

(You will notice that 6:00 to 11:00 p.m. has question marks beside it)

Friday

12:00 - 3:00 Wynfrith & Cat

3:00 - 6:00 Kostia & Rosamund

6:00 - 9:00 Kostia & Elisabeth de Calais

Saturday

6:30 - 9:00 Kostia & Toinette

9:00 - 12:00 Carlyle & Kostia

12:00 - 3:00  Heather & Magnus

3:00 - 6:00 Robert & Dirgelion

6:00 - 9:00   ???   &   ???

9:00 - 11:00  ???   &   ???

Sunday

6:00 - 9:00 Pamela & Elisabeth

9:00 - 12:00 Talana & Toinette

12:00 - 4:00 Carlyle & Etienne?

Thank you,
Kostia
Archery Marshall
Barony of Northkeep

P.S. - Volunteers. There is service parking lot on the west side of the
Convention Center on Guthrie near 7th. The Tulsa Archery Association
volunteers have been able to park their in the past. If you have to pay for
parking. Save your receipts and I will see that you get reimbursed. If you
have any problems let me know. Again my pager number is 632-4749.

Christopher Merle		| "When in danger, or in doubt,
merle at webzone.net		|  run in circles, scream and shout."
http://www.webzone.net/merle	|			--Lazarus Long