NK - Northern Regional Warlord

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at msn.com
Sat Mar 20 13:58:15 PST 1999

Apologize for the multiple posts.

>From our most excellent co-Steward, Anawyn Bardolphe for the upcoming
Northern Regional Warlord, here is a copy of the menu provided to her by our
most excellent Feast-Steward, Lady Elisabeth de Calais.... who both have
request that I as virtual scribe for Northkeep forward this information to
all the most excellent members of our Kingdom...

FROM ANAWYN: Anawyn at aol.com
I am forwarding a copy of the feast menu and breakdown of ingredients to
you,
which Elizabeth De Calais was so gracious to prepare for me. Since the event
intersects with a number of  days involving religious observations, it would
certainly be prudent to have this posted for the benefit of the general
kingdom
populace. I am grateful to Elizabeth for her prompt response to my request,
and this menu is one which would make any Barony, or indeed kingdom, vastly
proud. I know I can't wait!
Merci,
Anawyn Bardolphe

FROM ELISABETH: LdyCalais at aol.com
Greetings Milady,
Please find the information that you requested.  If you have need of
ANYTHING else please feel free to call or E-mail me.  Also, you may direct
any one else to do the same if they wish!  I hope this is of service to you.

1st Remove-
Breads w/ herb butters
Antipasto tray (boiled eggs, carrots, olives,etc.)
Mushrooms w/ onions and herbs

2nd Remove-
Hearty chicken and barley stew

3rd Remove-
Meat pie
soops of buttered carrots
Almond rice

4th Remove-
Baked Custard w/brandy butter
Tagliatelle w/carmelized oranges & almonds

Palate cleansers to be served between removes:
Almond shortbread balls
Sugarplums

Some "interesting" ingredients:
Sugarplums- figs, dates, raisins, currants, sultanas, walnuts,
pistachios,crystallized ginger, Sherry, and peach brandy.  Oh yes, sugar!

Soops of buttered carrots-carrots, honey, currants, white wine, walnuts, and
browned sugar.

Tagliatelle w/carmelized oranges and Almonds- oranges, butter, black pepper,
cinnamon, Parmesan cheese, almonds, and pasta.

Meat pie- ground beef, Italian sausage, bacon, bread crumbs, onion, and
pastry shell.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth de Calais
mka-Melissa Blevins