NK - Castellan

Vanessa Goins delbosque at rocketmail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:09:08 PST 1999

---AnnaAtteWd at aol.com wrote:
> Bocce'  -  haven't heard of that one. ..can anyone give me a brief
synopsis?
> (privately if you want)

> Thanks
> Anna
=========
Bocce' (if that's the correct spelling) is a kind of lawn bowling.
They way our compatriots over there were so gleefully descirbing
"Rock" sounds like what Bocce' might degenerate into after too much
Wolfsfire!  Lol!

Actually, you have a certain number of colored wooden balls (3 in a
set of each color, I think?) and one very small ball called the
"Jack".   The person who goes first throws the Jack out onto the lawn,
they then throw their balls out(in turn)each trying to get their ball
to land as close to the jack as possible.  If your ball is knocked out
of the way by someone else's, oh well.  The one who gets the closest
to the jack wins.  Selwyn and I have a set of Bocce' that we usually
take to events.
-Belle