NK - Fwd: Life in the 1500s - interesting (fwd)

I. Marc Carlson LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu
Thu May 6 09:32:01 PDT 1999

<"Merrik Viltar Har" <Marrock at msn.com>>
>I know you are trying to be helpful and interactive, but your post leaves me
>feeling embarrassed for enjoying the original post...

I'm sorry that anything I've done has made you feel that way.  I am simply
reluctant to let lies and "fakelore" go by without some mention.  Particularly
since some people (and I am not singling out anyone here) get most of their
historical knowledge from silly little factoid sheets like this.  The fact that
Rowan *asked* if it was accurate simply iced that cake for me.

If you enjoyed the original post, that's fine.  The fact that it was
historically of dubious accuracy shouldn't interfere with that -- God knows
we enjoy many movies and such that aren't accurate.  We just shouldn't
assume that just because someone wrote it, it is accurate (and that includes
what *I* wrote -- which was targeted at 1500, since the original was).

However, in the interests of peace and quiet, I will continue my responses to
this thread to Rowan by private mail.

Marc/Diarmaid