NK - The Sky is Falling

merle at webzone.net merle at webzone.net
Tue Nov 16 11:19:44 PST 1999

Oyez! Oyez! The Sky is Falling!

For those of you blessed with dark skies. You may wish to watch the Leonid
meteor shower. It reaches a peak every 33 years. These spectacles caused
much fear and anxiety in the Middle Ages. And perhaps they thought their
world was coming to an end.

Check out this article at Explorezone for background and viewing details.
http://explorezone.com/columns/space/1999/october_leonids.htm

They should be visible the night of November 17 and the early morning hours

of November 18.

I saw a few last year from my home in Tulsa in the early morning hours.
So even if you live in the city chances are you'll see a few. If you've
never seen a meteor shower you are in for a treat.

In Service,
Herr Christoph Merleus
(aka Kostia)
| "Christoher Merle" <merle at webzone.net>                       |
|    "The fountain of content must spring up in the mind, and  |
| he who hath so little knowledge of human nature as to seek   |
| happiness by changing anything but his own disposition, will |
| waste his life in fruitless effort and multiply the grief he |
| proposes to remove."                                         |
|                        --Samuel Johnson                      |