NK - Warm up?!?!?

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Sun Oct 3 14:39:14 PDT 1999

Merrik Viltar Har wrote:

> There is some type of joke in there about, how if we aren't smart enough not
> to 'enjoy' being hit (have to take the good with the  bad), then how can we
> be smart enough to do a proper type of warm up before competition?  Simply
> that is what it boils down to. The S.C.A. doesn't give the authority via the
> rules to any officer to force participants to do the smart thing and warm
> up, but it is AN EXTREMELY smart idea.
>
> Merrik

	I would say that the greatest potential for painful and annoying
muscle strains and tears is not the blows taken by the hittEE, but the
sudden sharp movements of muscles by the hittER.  I know from experience
that a back injury can be caused by a sneeze, or by turning suddenly.
I must do regular stretching exercises just to remain mobile at all and
I think the program I use could be extremely helpful to the fighters.
If anyone wants to know more, contact me privately to save bandwidth and
I will tell you what I know.

					Catrin
					In service to the Dream and
					good back health