NK - Nudity Tax

Rebecca M. Heydon rebecca-heydon at utulsa.edu
Wed Oct 6 06:45:06 PDT 1999

Greetings!

Well, I'm not sure where the public discussion about the Nudity Tax came
into play as that's something only the Officers have been discussing as of
late.  However, as I see a few public posts and have gotten some private
ones, allow me to explain....

The Nudity Tax is for people who attend Populace, Officers and demos
(official Baronial functions) in mundane clothing.  As one of the "rules"
of our game is to attempt pre-seventeenth century clothing, wearing garb is
something we should all strive to do.  Therefore, even a tabard or a simple
tunic counts as an attempt and gets you off paying the tax.

We have done this on various occasions on and off throughout the years as a
way to remind people that garb is part of the SCA game.  Fees are nominal
and monies collected will be used for the Baronial toy fund.  As the
Officers are still hashing out how much an offense will cost, the Tax will
not become official until Populace Meeting at the end of the month of October.

We were asked to consider reimplementing the tax as over the months, the
number of individuals attending Populace and demos (Dionader included) in
mundane clothing seems to be growing.  As throwing a tabard into the car
for such emergencies such as demos, etc., isn't that difficult, it seemed
perfectly acceptable to discuss the reintroduction of the tax.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to ask!

In service,

Lady Rowan ni Coerc
Seneschal, Barony of Northkeep
(and Youth Boffer Marshal, too)
end
******
Rebecca M. Heydon
University of Tulsa - College of Law Library
ph:  918-629-2594
fax:  918-631-2151
rebecca-heydon at utulsa.edu
"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
		--Anonymous
******