NK - tabards

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Tue Oct 19 21:03:33 PDT 1999

pwells at oknd.uscourts.gov wrote:

>      Can anyone tell me the average/normal length and width of a tabard?
>
>      sofia-b
>
>      sofiabrans at yahoo.com

	There are no rules.  Whatever you like is just fine.  When I make
fighting tabard, I generally use my husband as a measure and from
the top of his shoulder to a couple of inches below his knees is the
length I make.  Divide this in half, add three inches and buy that
length in 45" fabric.  I trim the top to be a little less wide that the
bottom because the eye will see that as equal and see the same width top
and bottom to be narrower on the bottom.  It's an optical illusion
thing.

				Catrin