NK - Beyond shopping.....

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Wed Sep 1 20:55:28 PDT 1999

Rebecca M. Heydon wrote:

> So I'm greatly looking forward to the fabric pillaging excursion this
> weekend.  Payday fell about right. :-)
>
> What about doing a sewing day sometime soon?  I have machine, will travel.
>
> Rowan
> (Who is very good about buying fabric, just not about making anything with
> it...)

	I'm planning a "Good Garb in One Day" class as a follow-up very
soon.  It's garb based on T-tunic styles (all of my garb is based on
T-tunics, believe it or not--T-tunics do not have to mean 'primitive and
ill-fitting') that is easy to do and looks fabulous.  I firmly believe
'GREAT GARB FOR EVERYONE!' It doesn't have to be hard and now they have
great patterns for late period costume so everyone can have the garb
they want without having to be highly skilled tailors...Catrin now waves
her stick and says crankily, "In MY day, we didn't HAVE these great
fabrics and patterns...we made our garb out of velour and disco satin,
and we LIKED it!"  The sad part is, IT'S TRUE.

					Catrin
					Glad to have you join us, it'll
be helpful to have the Baronial legal representative there when we
bludgeon the salesclerks and run with the bolts.