NK - Wiesenfeurer Baronial results

Scott Fridenberg scottf at webzone.net
Tue Sep 7 19:59:46 PDT 1999

Rebecca M. Heydon wrote:

> So...what news from this event?  I queried the Ansteorran list and nada.
> Anyone?  Anyone?

    Those who didn't go , (and there were a lot of you) really missed out
on a fun event.  Someone already reported on the Chivalric and Rapier
lists.  The Bardic was won by Lady Sibeal inghean ui Ruairc (Bella).  I
have to say it was one of the funnest competitions I've entered in a
while.  A great bardic circle Sunday night.  The archery was won by
Arthur.  I don't remember his full name.  He and his lady are the merchants
from Bartlesville I think.  He teached classes on Bow-making.   I don't
recall who won the A & S and the thrown weapons competitions.
    I don't remember who recieved what awards other than that H.E. Arafael
(sp?)  was inducted into the order of the Flaming Weasel.
    The feast was one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of eating.  I
had to skip the last two courses to have room for desert.  The tomato soup
was wonderful and I would't have believed that someone could make carrots
taste that that good if I hadn't tried it myself.    Can someone ask Lady
Siobhan to  post the recipe for the Tomato soup please?
    I was glad I could be there for the wedding of Genevive and Antonio
(sp?).  Best wishes to both of them.  And during the reception Master Ulf
taught several of us the words to Born on The List Field, a song I've been
wanting to learn for years.
    For me it was one for the funnest events in a long time.  I couldn't
stop smiling all day today.

Robert Fitzmorgan