NK - events & tourneys

Rebecca M. Heydon rebecca-heydon at utulsa.edu
Wed Sep 8 07:23:53 PDT 1999

At 08:29 AM 9/8/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Reading the posts about the past events and tournies, makes me wonder if I
>should rethink my goal of 1 per month.

Rethink to what end?  That you should attend more? :-)

>Very excited about Moonshadowe.  My first event outside of Tulsa.  It's
>still 2 weeks away and I'm acting like its this weekend!
>It really is going to be an adventure just finding the site and trying to
>set up camp near persons I am at least familiar with, but this is all
>good.......right?
>Maidenhair

Mooneschadowe will be a wonderful event.  Since it is the same site that
Northkeep uses, you'll be able to acquaint yourself with the site and get
to know its good points and bad points.

You sound faintly overwhelmed. :-)  Not to worry.  My first camping event
was a phenomenal experience.  I got lost getting there (yeah, big surprise
to those who know me), set up in the rain, discovered my loaner tent had a
huge hole, got my garb soaked and still had a great time!  Traveling and
camping is a part of the SCA experience but the true fun, at least in my
opinion, is the event itself.  Just come and have fun, meet people and
absorb.  Many of the folk from Northkeep will be there so you won't be
completely out in left field.

Just keep telling yourself "We do this for fun, we do this for fun, we do
this for fun...".

Rowan
end
******
Rebecca M. Heydon
University of Tulsa - College of Law Library
ph:  918-629-2594
fax:  918-631-2151
rebecca-heydon at utulsa.edu
"Language is the light of the mind."