NK - events & tourneys

Patti McCullough paddy at webzone.net
Thu Sep 9 01:35:06 PDT 1999

>>I do not really feel overwhelmed as much as I feel very anxious.  I
>>am sewing a couple of extra suits of garb for Frederick and I.  Made a list
>>of what to take etc etc.  Reading more on etiquite?  I do not wish to insult
>>or stub someones toes.

Well, as a matter of fact, if you wanted a bit more preparation and would
be willing to make a drive, Mooneschadowe is having a brief class at
their regular Tuesday night meeting next week, about how to prepare for
your first event.  What to bring, what to expect, that sort of thing.
The meeting will be next Tuesday, the 14th, at 7:30 at the Stillwater
Community Center.

I wouldn't really worry so much about insulting someone; most people in
the SCA are pretty easygoing, and there aren't that many taboos.  The
biggest rule is, if it isn't yours, ask before you use it.

>Get bugspray and
>allergy medicine (if you're prone) and you're ready to roll.

And don't forget the sunscreen!  There will be a lot of pavilions set up
at Guardian, but who wants to sit by the list field all day long, when
there are so many other interesting things going on?

-Toinette