NK - This weekend, SCA time for newbies

Bethor2000 at aol.com Bethor2000 at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 09:59:24 PDT 1999

<< The minstral of Mooneschadowe competition is scheduled for 2:00 PM.  The
New
 Bards competition will start shortly after the Minstral competition ends.
 Prouably between 3 and 4.  That's about as close as I can pin it down.

 Robert

The SCA has a set of complex mathematical formulas for determining exact
times for the beginning of activities.  Unfortunately, most of us can't
perform those mathematical functions to translate the numbers into our
respective time equivalents.  Im hoping that Ld Merrick can provide us with
those formulas, since he is the best math geek, I mean really smart guy, I
know.
But here is my own humble method for figuring out SCA time:

1) If its a fighting event, and your in armor, and the temperature is over
80degreesF, add 1 hour.  If the activity involves multiple kingdoms
participating, add 2 hours.  If the activity involves Peers having some sort
of discussion to resolve how the activity is going to occur, add 3 hours,
plus 45min for every Peer involved.
2) If its a feast: add 15min for every remove in the feast, and an additional
10min for every server, if you are really hungry add an hour, and if you have
to wait outside in the rain while the hall is prepared, add an additional
hour.
3) If its a Court:
It doesn't matter what time it starts, its always dark when its over.

I hoped this has helped some our newer cousins, please enjoy your time at the
event this weekend!

Alton
who has never recovered from new math