NK - On being cold and abusive.....

Aline Swynbrook alineswynbrook at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 19:50:10 PDT 1999

Hey, I'll admit it, I have even been known to be cold
and abusive.  But I think a lot of women have total
justification for that.  Usually, my episode involve
people overloading me with their problems (I need help
in Algebra, I didn't get the lead role, I need someone
to explain Anglo- Saxon literature to me, my boyfriend
dumped me), without the consideration that hey, maybe
I have problems or could occasionally need support.

So mi'lords, the next time your lady fair is in a
funk, don't take it as an affront and think, "my, but
the lady is a heinous shrew."  Offer her physical help
or emotional support, cups of tea or Hershey's Kisses,
and maybe a nice footrub.  Chances are she will be her
old sweet self in no time.

Aline, who is her old self after coming home sick and
sleeping it off.