NK - Pillaging Prose

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Wed Sep 15 15:14:32 PDT 1999

> >                                       Catrin
> >                                       Already spending Christmas
> >                                       money not yet received
>
> Isn't that always the way, spend it before you have it.  It sounds great to
> me and do you have any ideas on when the 'Great Garb in a Day' class will
> be?  I have been sewing away one cheise down and one to go.  Kit has a
> peplos out of one of the Complete Anacronist books on Northern European
> clothing, it is fine as long as it stays warm.  After my one T-tunic
> experiment I think I will save those for after your class.  I also am not
> sure if I am ready to do the canvas bodice lining yet, either.  The other
> challenge is making Kit's suade doublet, I am glad I got the leather needles
> that Talana recomended.  Where should I be able to find good horn buttons?
> Also, how long should the doublet be (I should know but am unclear on this
> one) and do you vent them somehow to give the fullness for the hips or what?
> I do know to put the plackard under the buttons so that the blade can not go
> through.
>
> Susan
> shamrock at intcon.net

	If the doublet were to be used solely as clothing, I would be able to
tell you how long it should be (ending at the natural waist on
sides & back before peplum or tabs are added, longer in front, about
1-1/2 to 2" more) but since this is intended as armor, it may need to
meet coverage requirements that are different.  So I shall leave the
question to one better informed on the armor requirements than I.
	I would like to do the class on any Saturday in September or
October that conflict the least for the greatest amount of people
interesting in attending.  Parking is a problem at my house, to say
nothing about the space I lack to do a class that needs a lot of elbow
room.  Would Anawyn be interested in helping us out in this area?  I am
also on vacation next week with no plans other than Moonschadowe
Guardian, if there is any desire to have it during an evening.  Input,
everyone?
	I can help you with the canvas lining for your doublet.  Showing
is easier than telling, so if you'll bring it to the class, I'm sure
we can get you going on it.  Also can help with fitting T-tunics and
**correcting mistakes**!  There are very few mistakes that can't be
fixed, one way or another.  Bring your 'problem tunic' and let's see
what we can do.

					Catrin