NK - Fwd: Fw: [Fwd: Fwd: Warning]

Jerry Mapes jrmapes at ckt.net
Thu Sep 16 22:02:17 PDT 1999

And for those still Not Convinced....

Following Each so called warning is a URL that tells all about the HOAX!
If you care to read it. Note Warnings have been truncated.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/cellsaver.hoax.html

>     WARNING No. 2
>   Beware! if someone named <SandMan> asks you to check out his page.
> DO NOT!
>  It is at  www.geocities.com/vienna/6318
>    This page hacks into your C:\drive.DO NOT GO THERE... FORWARD THIS

Uh-Huh for those who haven't checked it yourself, it doesn't. Just a
Page.

                                                 *******************
                                              !!!1st Clue To a HOAX!!!
>   Warning No. 3                                vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>    SEND THIS TO EVERYONE IN YOUR CONTACT LIST! THIS IS NO JOKE, OK?
>    WARNING: If you get a E-mail titled : "Win A Holiday" DO NOT open
> it.
>  Delete it immediately. Microsoft just announced yesterday. It is a
> malicious
>  virus that WILL
>    ERASE YOUR HARD DRIVE. At this time there is no remedy.
>    Forward this to everyone IMMEDIATELY!

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/win.a.holiday.html
(a mild version of the next "warning" )

------Bunches of nasty stuff deleted-------

>     PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND PEOPLE IN YOUR
>     MAILBOXES.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jtch.html

Look folks it took me 10 mins to confirm that this was a crock. Usually
is less time but i decided to do all 4.  All you have to do to satisfy
your fear is go to this URL

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

And look it up.
These Hoax's do more damage in tying up bandwidth than anything. So
please
think before you propagate Hoax's. If you cant find it at the Hoax
center
at Symantec or in the REAL Warnings at same said location... then you
are the proud discoverer of a whole new Hoax or Virus...feel proud!
But only tell of the legitimate threats please.

Tristan
Seneschal
Bois d'Arc,Calontir

Jerry Mapes