NK - brewer's call

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner the_burg at busprod.com
Tue Apr 4 17:09:05 PDT 2000

To echo Jean Paul...odd how?  If it's yeast smell that's not a problem.
If it's sulfur  smell, that may or may not be a problem.  How long has
the wine been running?  What additives did you put in it etc.?  When you
pour or rack the wine is it oily or ropey?
If it's a rotten smell your choices are generally limited.  Start off by
adding one campden tablet (crushed) per gallon of wine.  Depending on
what the problem is you might be able to pasturize (150 degrees for 20
min.) and pitch a new yeast.

Damon
Burg Borrendöhl Vinting