NK - lists

Merrik Viltar Har MerrikViltarHar at swbell.net
Thu Apr 20 17:56:07 PDT 2000

    The castle project is/was actually a war project, similar to Gulf and
Pennsic, it was going to be our third event, since becoming a Barony we had
the privilege of hosting another event.  The Barony of Northkeep keeps
growing, traveling, and hosting regional events, and we have, I have fallen
down on the job.
    If there are members anywhere who want to build a castle, then for
Odin's sake build the damn thing, but build your own castle, so that when it
succeeds, you can take the credit, and if it doesn't succeed you can take
the responsibility.  Northkeep has an idea and a set of plans that we as a
Barony, ultimately headed by our Baron, wanted to try to implement.  I
apologize for letting it get buried on my desk, believe me it is on the top
of stuff now.
    Until that time I am responsible for the failure of the Barony of
Northkeep's attempt to build a castle.  Thorgrim, the Baron of Northkeep,
allowed me to head up an attempt to get new plans for the castle approved.
I made a few phone calls, got busy, the subject faded away and nothing has
been done since.  Until now, phone calls have been made, printouts are
printed, copies will be made and distributed to the appropriate people who
have the authority to approve another design, Thorgrim's design, the Baron
of the Barony who is attempting to build this castle.
    So if you want in on the Barony of Northkeep's castle, no matter what
area of the region or kingdom you are from talk to myself and to Baron
Northkeep, here on the Northkeep list.

... please....

    In the meantime, if the new plans are approved, we will need manpower, a
steel gate, circular saws, hammers, a few wrenches, lots of railroad ties,
several 10' fence panels, reinforced, and a thing that moves, scrapes and
pushes dirt around which Ranger Roger says he has.

Merrik