ANST-Announce - Weather for Wiesenfeuer

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Thu Aug 31 14:40:57 PDT 2000

If, by some chance you aren't traveling to Gothic, but are journeying
to the North for Wiesenfeuer's Baronial Championship, be prepared for
much the same weather.  High's around 100+, lows in the mid to
high 70's.

Information on the event can be found at:

http://wiesenfeuer.ansteorra.org/BaronialX/baronial.html

To answer the most frequently asked questions at this late hour,
Yes, the Chivalric Championship Tournament is on Saturday
night.
Yes, the Rapier Championship and Archery Championship are
first thing Saturday morning.  (We're trying to beat the heat of the
afternoon).
Yes, the feast will be served cold.
Yes, we'll be there the full 3-day weekend.
Yes, all the cabins are booked, but there is lots of camping space.
Yes, you should definitely bring balloons (or other creative water
hurling devices) for the water wars on Sunday.
and finally,
Yes, you should pack your swimsuit, sunscreen and a towel because the
site has agreed to let us open the pool!  Yeah!

Hope to see folks out despite the heat.  There's something unifying
about suffering together, right?

Countess Kat MacLochlainn
Baroness of Wiesenfeuer