ANST-Announce - The Defenders of the Rose Tournaments

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 27 16:31:10 PDT 2000

Unto the good peoples of Ansteorra, and especially our most cherished Rapier
Community, warm greetings from the Companions of the Order of the Rose in
the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Together as an Order, the Companions of the Rose are expending much thought
and creative energy on certain forthcoming endeavors.

As an introduction to a series of tournaments we are calling "The Defenders
of the Rose," the Companions of the Rose in Ansteorra will be sponsoring a
rapier tourney to be held on Sunday at Three Kings in November.

This initial tournament will be only the first of many which we hope to
continue sponsoring with ever-growing beauty and pageantry. It is our intent
to hold many such tournaments for the Rapier, Chivalric, Archery and
Equestrian Communities. We are also exploring ways to create competitions
for Bards and Artisans of our Kingdom. The Roses would be pleased to see
many gentles win a position of honor among "The Company of Defenders of the
Rose."

We hope to present these tournaments for the enjoyment of the populace
throughout the many regions of our grand Kingdom.

The winner of each of the forthcoming Defender Lists will become a Member of
the Company of Defenders of the Rose, a title of honor only. The title
requires no formal duties, except those the Defenders choose to levy upon
themselves, and each Defender will receive a ring of precious metals from
the Companions of the Rose who are there assembled.

At each of the forthcoming Defender Lists, the assembled Companions of the
Rose will also be granting largess to those who display great prowess, deeds
of chivalry and courtesy, deaths of great drama, artistry of unique talent,
stirring renditions of bard craft or whatever pleases the Companions
throughout the tournament.

In honor of the Rapier Community and of the great esteem in which each
individual is endlessly held by the Companions of the Rose, we have chosen
to conduct our first "Defenders of the Rose List" for the Rapier Community.

We thank the Three Kings event-stewards for providing us a chance to expand
upon their wonderful event and create additional revelry and fun. In
addition to the Defender of the Rose List, the Companions of the Rose will
also be sponsoring a Youth Rapier List, whose rounds will be held at the
completion of each round in the Defender list.

It is our sincerest hope that the Rapier Community will treasure and enjoy
this first of our Defenders of the Rose tournaments, for all of you add a
special joy and honor all your own to our lives and to our Dream.

In Service to Ansteorra,

The Companions of the Order of the Rose in Ansteorra