ANST-Announce - Estrella 17 Children's Center Wall-A Final Request

Master Raffaelle gyrony at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 12:03:34 PST 2000

Good Gentles, please send any responses to the contact information listed
below....

Raffaelle

Greetings to all and sundry, from the Estrella War XVII Children’s
Steward!

This will be my final plea to beg a boon from as many Kingdoms,
Baronies, Cantons, Shires, and others who will be participating in the
2001 Estrella War festivities, especially those that are supportive of
youth issues.  Next year the Children’s Center will be bigger and better
than ever, and is planning attendance, over four days, to be well over 300.

With such a large expectation, I’d like to do something a little
different and actually surround the Children’s Center Complex with a
physical barrier to delineate our space, and draw attention to our
activities.

This being said, I need to construct a perimeter “fence” of sorts which can
be made, hauled, set-up, and used again, while keeping my small allocation
of funds in check.  Further, the size of the Estrella War Children’s Center
is approximately 8000 square feet, so this is also a factor in my plans.

What I propose to do is ask anyone who can make a commitment of
procuring 10 foot long by 35 inch high light weight material, such as
muslin, and decorate it in any way that is pleasing to the group, to be
donated to my office before January 15, 2001.  The idea here is to get as
many groups who can accomplish such a task to involve the youth in their
area in the designing and decorating of their piece of the wall.
When completed, I hope it will be something akin to a glorious tapestry.

Some suggested designs could include the following:

Latin phrases, mythological creatures, medieval themed scenes, heraldic
devices, etc. . .

If you feel you, and the members in your groups, can make such a
commitment, please contact me before December 15, 2000 to discuss the
details.

Offered in humble service, I am,

Lady Sorcha ni Dhonnghaile
Atenveldt Kingdom Deputy Minister of Arts & Sciences for Youth Issues
Estrella War Children’s Steward
480) 844-3882 – Home (before 9:00 pm)
wren at mail.mc.maricopa.edu – E-mail

Visit the Estrella War Website at www.estrellawar.net for more
information regarding the activities that will be offered