NK - Medieval Shoes Materials?

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Mon Jul 24 14:36:56 PDT 2000

At 02:29 PM 7/24/00 -0700, Isabella wrote:
>Diarmuit?  What materials should I bring?  Any type of leather that
>particularly suits the job?  I can bring extra tools needles mallets
>ecetera that you might need.

Hmm.  That's a good question.  I wasn't really  looking for an advanced hands-on sort of thing,
but that might not be a bad idea.  Especially if Susan and Mercedes bring their works in progress
(and hopefully I will be a bit further along with Bjortlich's new fighting shoes), we can give people
some opportunity to try some sewing and stitching.  You might bring a couple of awls, leather scraps,
needles and so on.  I'll bring stuff, we can put on a show....

Marc/Diarmaid