NK - Looking for info on period wood stains

LucanSilverwolf at aol.com LucanSilverwolf at aol.com
Fri Jun 9 17:24:06 PDT 2000

Hello populace!
    I was wondering in any one had some idea where I could find information
on what would be period wood stains. I read some where that oil and mineral
spirts makr an almost period wood stain but I don't remenber where I read
that and I don't have any documentation to support that.  Obviously, I am
trying to do an A and S project and would appreciate anyone who can point me
in the right direction, because I bought a lot of oak and I want to get this
right the first time!
                Thanx,
                    Lucan Silverwolf