NK - Re: Land of the winged horsemen

Vanessa Goins ly_isabela at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 02:25:56 PDT 2000

Greetings, Selwyn and I went to Philbrook late this afternoon.  The
exhibit was wonderful.  Christoph & Aline, you were SOOO right the tent
WAS inside out!  The proof is this:  One, in the painting of the
Turkish camp, the decoration was on the outside.  Two, the the roof
eaves hung inside the tent wich would flood the tent during any
rainfall.  Three, the window flaps were on the outside, when they
should have been IN.  Fourth, the ridge pole was on the outside when
the painting shows it was inside as well.  An additional mistake we
spotted, was that of the three lobster tail helmets, one had it's nasal
bar upside down.  We also noticed that some of the description signs
were in bad shape and difficult to read.

I don't know if these mistakes are the fault of someone local or
someone on the tour, but it is pretty sad.  The museum shop was a
disapointment, they had no copies of any of the works from this
exhibit.  You would think the tour would have at least provided
T-Shirts and posters.  However, it was still a magnificent collection
that we felt fortunate to have seen.  And we learned some fascinating
history.  Apparently appearance on the field of battle deffinitely DOES
make an impression on your enemies....

-Selwyn and Belle

=====