NK - North keep in melee's

Timothy Of NorthKeep toadams at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 29 07:48:13 PDT 2000

><< there is a group wondering if there is any need or support
>>>for moving to a  "standard Tabard" for all Ansteorra. Or just using
>I have been watching, and now I will put in my $.02.
I guess it is too late to hide???

>Thorgrim and I (and many others by the way...) believe that a standard
>tabard For Ansteorra is too much like a football uniform.  This has been
>hashed over in many forums, and I'm sure will be in many more.
yup, just looking for the Northkeep standerd, instead of someone elses.

>We are a barony.  We (ideally) follow our Baron/Baroness in battle.
Ya Ya

>We, Thorgrim and I, wear the Barony's arms - red background, white X, black
>keep, 4-10 pointed white stars and a gold
>laurel leaf (on the front) and a badge of the kingdom - gold roundel with a
>large black 10 pointed star on the back.
so the front is the Barony and the back has a kingdom arms.

>NK expeditionary force tabard with the NK badge on front and the kingdom
>badge on back.
>From feed back on the other list this is the current standerd, with kingdom
either on the back or the shoulders.

>We know who almost everyone is, and what they generally wear.
>Northkeep, Mooneschadowe and Eldern Hills traditionally field the >largest
>contingents, and coincidentally, red is a main color in all >their
>devices...
>that comes in handy!
ok, so the northern commander(whoever that is) can keep track of us all
because he will have a hourde of Red dressed killers  8->

>So... to answer your question <G> a red tabard with a black border >all
>around, a voided white 10 pointed star and black castle on the front,  and
>a black star on the back would make you easily >identifiable as part of the
>unit.
stupid newby question:
what does voided mean???   I will have to make one of these.

>The traditional Ansteorran War Tabard (TM) is a gold tabard with a black
>border, Black Star on front/back.
ok I have seen these before..
they are loud..

>Sigen Northkeep
>uniform?wedontneednosteenkinguniform
heh heh  but we already have one...  *G*
wejustdon'tneedsomeoneelses'steenkinguniform

Timothy
starting to understand the northern color code.
Gules is for Blood, which we spill from our enemy
whatothercolordoyouneed