ANST-Announce - Lindenwood's Midsummer Faire (Ball)

Scot and Michelle Henry henrycs at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 15 14:07:22 PDT 2000

Greetings Good Gentles,

We hope all are planning to attend this dance festivity.  In case you'd like
to prepare yourself (or convince your friends that they really can dance),
we wanted to present this tentative schedule and list of dances.  Also,
please decide if you feel comfortable enough with most of these dances to
become a "dance guide".  My lord and I want to have a simple identifier for
those who would be willing to have someone newer to dance as their partner
to "guide" them through some of the dances (mainly the ones people somewhat
familiar with the steps could do if they had a model right there - not the
ones you really should have more experience for ).  We want to do this to
avoid teaching dances at the ball and still allow less-experienced dancers
to be involved.  We'll have the identifiers at Gate and you can simply ask
for one and then return it to us at the end of the evening.

Set 1 (3:00 - 4:30.  These dances will include teaching of the steps before
hand and possibly a walk through in order to make new dancers comfortable
and give them the basics for this evening.)

Half Hannigan
Carolingian Pavanne
Petit Riense
Queen's Alman
Official Bransle
Bransle Suite
Gathering Peascods

4:30 - 5:30 (Event procedures - court, etc.)

Set 2
(5:30 - 7:00  no teaching, only calling)

Farandole
Montarde Bransle
Black Nag
Anello
Earl of Salisbury
Rufty Tufty
Black Alman
Kettle Drum
Amoroso
(Heralds in Love)    (If time)

7:00 - 8:00  (Event  procedures)

Set 3
8:00 - 9:30

Koutri  (This is probably new to most, but really easy.)
Trenchmore
Rostiboli
Grimstock
Horses Bransle
Prendente en Gyro (Salterello II)
Pease Bransle
Whirligig
Quen Quer Que
(Leoncello)  (if time)

9:30 - 10:00 (Event procedures)

Depending on time, I thought any other dance time could be by request

In service,
Lady Melissent d'Aulnay the Capricious "Capricia"
(and Lord Sebastian Mugerza)