NK - North keep in melee's

Timothy Of NorthKeep toadams at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 29 08:04:43 PDT 2000

>While I am not from Northkeep, I would drop in the following 2 cents worth
>of comment.
this is what I was looking for, I am still a self proclaimed newbie, so I
just have to ask the same questions you have answered a dozen times already,
sorry for taking your time, and YE Sigens as well.

>It is really not necessary or even appropriate for all of Ansteorra's Army
>to have the same war tabards.
at this moment in time, I agree with this statement.

>Years ago when we were only fielding 30 to 60 fighters total in Wars, >it
>was logical to have everyone in nearly identical tabards.
also those 30 - 60 fighters most likely did not know alot of the others...
now we have baronial units where everyone knows everyone.

>Now days when single Baronies and Shires are fielding 25-35 fighter units,
>it is really a detriment to command and
>control.
I tend to agree, C&C must know what unit is where so you can repostion if
there is a threat of a break through.

>So it only stands to reason that each of the groups would
>have unique and distinctive "uniforms".  It is really most appropriate to
>continue our regional and local schemes.
yes you are completely acurate with this.

>I really like the proposal that has been floating around up here in the
>north.  The front of the tabard belongs to the unit, the back shows some
>form of recognizable Ansteorran Star, the shoulders show the personal
>device of the owner and the Griffin badge of the Northern Army.
I like this idea alot, very quickly a commander can tell who a unit is
because of the base color of the tabard(red for NK) and the back tells him
who's side we are on.  While we still wear the distict makings of out
Barony..

>Sir Burke
Thank you for your perspective Sir Burke, I prefer to gather more
information before developing opnions on things, HE Sigens and your email
has helped tremedously!!

Timothy