NK - North keep in melee's

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Thu Jun 29 10:51:57 PDT 2000

>ok, I will have to have a sit down with you or someone.
>who can explain (with pictures) the differences between, badge, arms,
>ect, I am getting a bit hazy.  D at MN the Heraldic thing this weekend
>is during the wedding@@@@

Which heraldic thing this weekend?  Scroll painting class is Sunday
and commenting is July 8 I thought.  Am I wrong on the commenting
date?

Also, very short and not 100% accurate version -- arms or a device
are the physical representation of the owner.  They would go where
the owner goes and should never be carried by anyone other than the
owner or the owner's herald (who theoretically only wears the arms
when speaking in the owner's name).  A badge is a mark that you might
place on something to denote ownership or membership.  Fighters might
wear a badge to show membership in the barony but would not wear the
arms unless they are claiming to be the baron/ess.  You could also
mark property with your badge.  You would paint your badge on your
tent to show that the tent belongs to you but you would not paint
your arms because you might loan it out to someone else and they are
not you.

>a voided star, is like a line drawing with ribbon??  just a outline,
>with the inside hollow?   Is this a 10 pointed star??

Yes, voided is an outline of the shape.  And yes, in our case, the
star is a standard Ansteorran Star (five big points in the usual
shape and five smaller points in between the big ones).

Etienne (who is home sick, but heading to work anyway)