NK - Heraldry, naming stuff

Vanessa Goins ly_isabela at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 15:58:03 PDT 2000

I stand corrected.  :-) You'll have to excuse me, I'm a bit frazzled
today.
If Malta is indeed considered a "femmine" word and uses "la" instead of
"el"  then It would be "de la".  But, I'm thinking that just saying
Ahadia de Malta sounds better.
-Belle

--- Chris Backus <cbackus at peakonline.com> wrote:
> Yes, de + el = del.  So if Malta is not called el Malta (which I
> don't
> *think* it would be, because words ending in "a" are normally
> preceded by
> "la", if it would ever be called "the Malta" in the first place),
> then del
> Malta doesn't seem right.  I bet "de Malta" would be close, but you
> never
> know, because modern Spanish may not match period Spanish and
> constructions
> like this may not be used.
>
> Maybe Gabriela can answer?
>
> Hawkins

=====
Ly. Isabela del Bosque mka Vanessa Goins
>From the Barony of Northkeep, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Protegee' to H.E. Master William Blackfox & Mistress Ronna
Rosgaile Soilean Soilleir
Please visit our site:
Leatherworks by Selwyn
http://selwyn.virtualave.net