NK - Sheild bashing

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Tue Jun 20 15:25:12 PDT 2000

metal shields + mass!!!!!

average weight of a sword (3 foot or so) is probably about 2 1/2 lbs.
 Average weight of a shield, around 10 lbs or more....

Its one of those things that works reaaaaaaaaalllllllly well in real life,
so we don't allow it.

Theres this fringe group out in California that fights with hardwood and
allows shield punching... the current champion says its his most effective
weapon.....

here's a link to a picture of how effective a shield punch can be...

http://homepages.go.com/~princeofdarkmoor/albums/Prince_Of_Darkmoor/pic1
6.html

I don't think bodies stay horizontal like that for long (THUD!)

Jean Paul de Sens,
Drighton

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.