NK - North keep in melee's

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Thu Jun 29 08:02:20 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/29/00 9:49:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
toadams at hotmail.com writes:

<< >I have been watching, and now I will put in my $.02.
 I guess it is too late to hide???

 >Thorgrim and I (and many others by the way...) believe that a standard
 >tabard For Ansteorra is too much like a football uniform.  This has been
 >hashed over in many forums, and I'm sure will be in many more.
 yup, just looking for the Northkeep standerd, instead of someone elses.
Not really a standard... it's just what everyone does.  If you would like to
wear something different, no one will mind :-)

 >We are a barony.  We (ideally) follow our Baron/Baroness in battle.
 Ya Ya

 >We, Thorgrim and I, wear the Barony's arms - red background, white X, black
 >keep, 4-10 pointed white stars and a gold
 >laurel leaf (on the front) and a badge of the kingdom - gold roundel with a
 >large black 10 pointed star on the back.
 so the front is the Barony and the back has a kingdom arms.

Yes, and the "arms" of the barony are restricted to the Baron/ess. (not
trying to be haughty, just don't want anyone to make a great tabard that they
will get yelled at for wearing).  Anyone in the barony may use the badge.

 >NK expeditionary force tabard with the NK badge on front and the kingdom
 >badge on back.
 From feed back on the other list this is the current standerd, with kingdom
 either on the back or the shoulders.

Good, I'm glad they finally decided that all black and gold wasn't required
;-)

 >We know who almost everyone is, and what they generally wear.
 >Northkeep, Mooneschadowe and Eldern Hills traditionally field the >largest
 >contingents, and coincidentally, red is a main color in all >their
 >devices...
 >that comes in handy!
 ok, so the northern commander(whoever that is) can keep track of us all
 because he will have a hourde of Red dressed killers  8->

Of course...

 >So... to answer your question <G> a red tabard with a black border >all
 >around, a voided white 10 pointed star and black castle on the front,  and
 >a black star on the back would make you easily >identifiable as part of the
 >unit.
 stupid newby question:
 what does voided mean???   I will have to make one of these.

Voided - =======  A star with the middle punched out...  It is very easy to
make it using 1/4" white ribbon - understand? (I can never figure out a good
way to explain this)

 >The traditional Ansteorran War Tabard (TM) is a gold tabard with a black
 >border, Black Star on front/back.
 ok I have seen these before..
 they are loud..

The Bumble Bee Brigade!!!

 >Sigen Northkeep
 >uniform?wedontneednosteenkinguniform
 heh heh  but we already have one...  *G*
 wejustdon'tneedsomeoneelses'steenkinguniform
Yeahwedobutdon'ttellanyone

 Timothy
 starting to understand the northern color code.
 Gules is for Blood, which we spill from our enemy
 whatothercolordoyouneed

Sigen