NK - North keep in melee's

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Thu Jun 29 09:18:59 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/29/00 11:04:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
toadams at hotmail.com writes:

<< ok, I will have to have a sit down with you or someone.
 who can explain (with pictures) the differences between, badge, arms,
 ect, I am getting a bit hazy.  D at MN the Heraldic thing this weekend is
 during the wedding@@@@

Ok, I will *try* to explain... (without pictures ;-))  Generally, *arms* for
a group have a Laurel Wreath on them whether Kingdom or local.  The use of
arms is reserved for the "leaders"  - Crown and or B/B. When you are at an
event, look around and observe the banners hanging on pavillions.  If you see
the Royal Ansteorran banner, it is because the Crown is there. Same with the
Northkeep Banner.  You will only see it displayed if the Baron/ess are there.
The badge usually uses some of the charges (items) from the arms, and can be
used by anyone, so you may see lots of banners with black 10 pointed stars on
them (or other badges).  Have I completely confused you yet <G>?

 >>stupid newby question:
 >>what does voided mean???   I will have to make one of these.
 >
 >Voided - =======  A star with the middle punched out...  It is very >easy
 >to make it using 1/4" white ribbon - understand? (I can never >figure out a
 >good way to explain this)

 a voided star, is like a line drawing with ribbon??  just a outline, with
 the inside hollow?   Is this a 10 pointed star??
 I am still fuzzy about when and where we can wear the Ansteorran star.

Yes and no.  I just used a ribbon for a visual reference.  This is a white 10
pointed star with the inside hollow so that the red background shows through
(is that more understandable?)  Anyone can use the Black Star any time... it
is a badge, and it's use is not reserved.

 >>ok I have seen these before..
 >>they are loud..
 >The Bumble Bee Brigade!!!
 yuck, I see this is a matter of taste

yes, but some folks tell me that all of my taste is in my mouth...

 >>wejustdon'tneedsomeoneelses'steenkinguniform
 >Yeahwedobutdon'ttellanyone
 tellanyonewhatIdon'tknowanything

 Thank you again for the info  YE
 Timothy
 wishing it would stop raining so I can go chop telephone poles.. =/

You're welcome... if you are scratching your head in confusion then my job
here is done.

Sigen
good luck with the telephone poles