NK - Getting a name

Miriam Cook zahavabathannah at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 11:28:26 PDT 2000

Well.... M'Lady-- I am not an actuall Herald, but I
have been doing quite a bit of name research
recently-- (I love the Academy of St. Gabriel, but man
I wish they could have given me a little hope that
Zahava batHannah was at least a little bit passable--
oh well :)

I think that there are really 2 ways you can go about
"getting" a name... The first-- as my lord husband has
done-- is to pick a place and time that you want to be
from. Keeping in mind you want to pick a place that
you want to learn *a lot* about (or not and not play
heavily in persona, your call). From there you can
look up names that would fit into that place/time
period. Or you can do as I am attempting to do, (well,
I guess that should be past tense-- if you want to
hear more about the woes of my name I'll send a
private email as not to clog up this poor list, woe is
me...)  You can pick a name that you really like and
build a persona (history, character) around it.

Like I mentioned before, I am not a Herald, but let me
know in what direction you would like to go and maybe
I can point you in the right direction.

Zahava