ANST-Announce - Tournament at TRF on Oct 14-15

MGreene@mpan.com MGreene at mpan.com
Tue Oct 10 16:11:08 PDT 2000

Greetings to all to whom this missive comes!
If you are not able to travel the distance to Crown tourney this weekend,
consider coming out to the Texas Renaissance Festival, one of the largest
SCA demos of this kingdom, if not the Knowne World.   For further info and
tickets to TRF, check out the website at :
http://www.shsu.edu/~env_drh/scaattrf/

As a part of the festivities, Lord Paidric of Shadowlands and myself,
Mistress Hillary Greenslade of Stargate, invite you to join us in
celebrating our birthdays this weekend.  On Saturday, Oct. 14th, I will be
hosting a challenge tourney for both armored and rapier, to begin
immediately following the first battle mound fight after 10am till 5pm (or
whenever the fighters crater).   The armored and rapier winners will each
receive two place settings of Italian hand made ceramics, for you and your
consort.   The feastware includes dinner, salad, pasta, bowls and goblets
from Italy fashioned after 14th century patterns.   Ladies, please feel
free to bring your throws, banners, pillows and rugs to decorate the
reviewing stand and join me with your handwork as we cheer the combatants
throughout the day.

On Sunday, Lord Paidric and the Shire of Shadowlands will  host a round
robin tourney, with baskets of assorted prizes for both the rapier and
armored battles.    Additionally, the Shire is sponsoring a prize competion
for the Bardic and Arts demonstrations, with the winners announced on
Sunday.

The weather this coming weekend if forecast to be partly cloudy, with a
high of 82 and a low of 59, *PRIME*  tourney climate.  With regard to
Paidric and my birthdays, please, no gifts, your presence is our present!
Thanks.   If you have questions, please e-mail me directly at
mgreene at mpan.com.

We look forward to seeing you at the Faire!
Cheers!      Mistress Hillary Greenslade