NK - plea for tech help

Kevinkeary@aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Sat Oct 21 07:12:28 PDT 2000

OK, I'm having all sorts of trouble with this computer, due to the hard drive
filling up.  One of the things I'm wondering about is that there are a large
number of files on my C: root directory I don't know the meaning of.  If
they're just some sort of automatic backup or other drivel I can eliminate
without causing problems, I'd like to know that.  The two largest groups are
named after the patterns ffastun.ff_ (where _ is another letter) and
File____.chk (where ____ is a 4-character, mostly all digits, sequence
number).  I run Win95 if that makes a difference.  The .ff_ files are all
dated today (now, which means they've been updated today and are probably
important), the .chk files seem to come in groups with the same date months
apart, which makes me wonder if they're artifacts of some system utility like
the disk defragmenter.  I'd appreciate any information anyone has.
Kevin