NK - Bazaar that might have some things of interest for the group

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Mon Oct 23 22:18:06 PDT 2000

The Methodist church at 302 N. Bearegard in Fort Gibson is having their
10,000 VILLAGES bazaar this weekend Saturday October 28 from 10-2:00
P.M.  Don't miss this opportunity to do your Christmas shopping early, and
to get one-of-a-kind gifts for those you love--or just for yourself!  Items
all made by third world artisans for fair wages will include hand-made
instruments, toys, a large variety of baskets, artifacts, carved walking
sticks, jewelry, stone and wooden carvings, dolls, numerous and unique
creche scenes (great for collectors), Christmas tree ornaments, candle
holders, etc.   Prices range from under a doller to around eighty
dollars.  Many items are under five dollars and make great stocking
stuffers.  If you have been to our bazaar in the past, you will find quite
a few new items at this year's bazaar, along with many of the great items
sold in the past.  Remember, ninety percent of the profits from the bazaar
will be going to help peoples from third world countries. The chili dinner
(frito Chili pie with all the trimmings, corn bread and crackers,
blackberry and peach cobbler with ice cream and drinks) will cost $ 4.00,
and $2.00 for kids under 10. We will also sell delicious baked items
including home made breads, pies, cookies and others. Please come and
support this important event.  OU fans please note!!! The OU Vs. Nebraska
game will be shown on our large screen TV, so you can shop and eat, and
also watch the game at the same time.

If you would like me to email you pictures of sample items, reply and let
me know.  I know that emailing pictures can really slow down the
downloading for some of you.

Thanks, Sara Dunlap <mailto:kdunlap at emptychair.net>kdunlap at emptychair.net