NK - Falchions

Bethor2000 at aol.com Bethor2000 at aol.com
Tue Oct 3 13:18:57 PDT 2000

Timothy,
Speaking as a fellah who does not play with those sword thingys (but is an
avid student of finding ways to not get cracked with them), I'd say that You
will probably find that as a new fighter/non fighter, that though the idea of
a "meatier" weapon is very appealing, the reality is your giving up any
possible speed of blows to your opponent(s).  Remember, these "models" of
various weapons we use are physically just a variant of a ball bat.  Stick
with the standard sword in the beginning, till your skill level comes up, and
then go play with the falchions, maces, axes, etc.

just my humble opinion, your mileage may vary,
Alton