NK - You got it! Northkeep Newspaper article alert!

lra lra at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 10 10:49:25 PDT 2000

> Lynn, Can you tell us more about the Tulsa Business Journal.  Is it a
> better representative of what is going on in town?
>
> Susan

The Tulsa Business Journal is not necessarily a better representation of
what is going on in this town; it all depends what you are looking for as a
"better representation".

The TBJ, as the name implies, is about business. It is a weekly newspaper
about area businesses, what they are doing, and informaiton of interest to
businesses. If that is what you are looking for, then, yes, it gives more
info and more indepth info than the World (Occasionally, I can stick in
something that is not necessarily stricktly "business" l--ike SCA stuff.).

But if you are looking for more general info about all sorts of things,
businesses included, then the World is pretty much  it.

There are other newspapers in town. One is called the Urban Tulsa; it is a
weekly that is geared more toward the entertainment side of things, and has
some other news. Another newspaper is the Greater Tulsa Union something or
other. It is a monthly and has several "zones" of the paper. Those zones are
a couple of pages that are different from the other zones and give info
about that zone, such as Jenks, or Owasso, etc. It has news, which is
generally fairly old ---because it is a monthly paper --- and some
enterainment stuff. To get something in that paper about an upcoming event,
the info would have needed to be in by probably at least a month or six
weeks ahead. If we had wanted to do somethine about Sept. 16, info would
probably have to have been in by mid July at the latest. Just my guess on
time schedules for deadlines and printing for them. I could be wrong; I
havent' checked their deadlines and lead times.

This is probably more than you really wanted to know. But I hope it answered
your question.

Lynn the Inquisitive