NK - FW: a call to arms

Langston, David R david.langston at wilcom.com
Sun Sep 10 20:04:10 PDT 2000

Subject: A call to arms

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, and
when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the
back that are killed first.   This natural selection is good for the
herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole
is maintained or even improved by the regular culling of the
weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can
operate only as fast as the slowest brain cells through which the
electrical signals pass.

Recent epidemiological studies have shown that while excessive
intake of alcohol kills off brain cells, it attacks the slowest and
weakest brain cells first.   Thus, regular consumption of alcohol
helps eliminate the weaker cells, constantly making the brain a
faster and more efficient machine. The result of this in-depth study
verifies and validates the causal link between all-weekend parties
and job related performance.

It also explains why, after a few short years of leaving a university
and getting married, most professionals cannot keep up with the
performance of the new graduates.   Only those few that stick to
the strict regimen of voracious alcoholic consumption can
maintain the intellectual levels that they achieve during their
college years. So, this is a call to arms.

As our country is losing its  technological edge, we must not
shudder in our homes. Get back into the bars. Quaff that pint. Your
company and country need you to be at your peak, and you
shouldn't deny yourself the career that you should have.  Take life
by the bottle and be all that you can be.

Forward this to all of your friends, acquaintances and co-workers
that may be in danger of losing their edge.

What more can we do??