NK - Childrens Boffer

Rebecca M. Heydon rmheydon at swbell.net
Thu Sep 28 13:53:55 PDT 2000

Wonderful!

Here are the armor reqs for males/females of that age (10-12):

Helmet - hockey or lacrosse helmet with wire face mask is acceptable.
(Check Academy Sports or one of the other sports stores).

Gorget - minimum of light leather (I'd recommend middle wieght myself).
Needs to cover throat, larynx and cervical spine area.  (A camail, coif or
equivalent can be worked into this with some modification).

Torso/Legs/Arms/Feet - Long sleeves, long pants (sweats will do).  Some sort
of padding in the chest area is needed for girls who are starting to mature.
No open-toed shoes or sandals.

Knees/Elbows - Minimum of soft elbow and knee pads.  (I would advise the
street hockey pads you can get at Target or WalMart)

Groin - Need a sports cup for either sex (or a padded skirt).  Note:  girls
use a different sort of groin protection than boys.  Both types are
available from Academy Sports.  A hockey Jiller would also be a good thing
for girls.  [If this makes no sense, please let me know. :-) ]

A mouthpiece is recommended but not required according to kingdom law.  I
*highly* recommend the mouthpiece.

The rules for armor and weapons for children's fighting--Rapier and
Boffer--are available in the Complete Participant's Handbook which should be
available off of the Publications page of the official Ansteorran web page.
I also have some copies to give away.  Just let me know if you'd like one!

The Barony has one authorized 11 year old who has been aching for some one
to play with. :-)

If you need anything else, please let me know.  I have authorization cards
needing children to take them home!

Rowan