NK - farspeaker and cyberstuff

Nathan W. Jones njones at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 22 16:29:08 PDT 2000

Okay...I'm confused.  We have had a farspeaker (ack!) list in the past and
we've had a cyberdrums (ack!!) list in the past.  Both were coordinated by
the chronicler.  I just assumed it was one of those responsibilities of the
office.  Merrik had the nifty neato farspeaker list on file, and so I
thought he kept it kinda as an deputy extension of the office when Kelandra
took over.

>From my understanding of how these things work, neither the paper phone
list, or the paper email address list would be material published outside
of our group, either by paper copy or on the web, and therefore I don't see
how the rules governing how personal information for publication to the web
applies.

I don't have a problem with handing out an update sheet for people to
update their info at Populace, say two months in a row.  With the caveat
that if it ain't turned in fresh, it ain't getting published.  Then
everyone who wants to can include their info, for both the phone and the
computer and we all get nice new sheets stuck in our newsletter.

Gio...who, come to think of it is leaving in 8 days anyway....aw, heck, do
whatever ya want.  :)