[Northkeep] acceptable weapons for light fighting

Miriam Cook zahavabathannah at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 19:20:30 PST 2001

For Youth Rapier (12-17) the foil is the only weapon
that is legal and a gorget must be worn at all times.
For Adults in Ansteorra legal weapons include foil
(which is legal but seldome seen), epee, schlagger,
and del tin(sp?). Oh and the flexi-daggar.  The foil
and the epee are "light rapiers" where the schlagger
and the del tin are "heavy rapiers". For light raipers
(adults) do not need to wear a gorget- a puncture
resistant (ie passes punch test, 4 layers of trigger
minimum) hood and 3-weapons mask are sufficent, while
heavy rapiers require that as well as a rigid material
gorget.   If you are familliar with modern fencing you
will note the absence of sabers-- and that is
correct-- they are not legal.

--Zahava
(who will be out fighting again soon-- as soon as I
drag my lazy butt out there)

worf428  wrote: I have the latest copy of the rules
for rapier fighting, but Whichweapons are acceptable
for Ansteorra,in general and Northkeep, inspecific.All
help is
appreciated,Galiwyn_______________________________________________Northkeep

=====
Reality is merely and illusion, albeit a persistent one.
                                -----A. Einstein
I'm trying to tell you something about my life
Maybe give me insight between black and white
The best thing you've ever done for me
Is to help me take my life less seriously, it's only life after all.  ---Indigo Girls "Closer to Fine"